Neural Machine Translation and Patent Translation from LSP Perspective
Five descriptions of Neural Machine Translation from a translation company (LSP) perspective in the following order:
1) Description of the service (Hybrid Translation) based on neural machine translation.
2) How much faster the translation has become and the amount of editing needed for translations.
3) Problems regarding implementation of neural machine translation.
4) Possibility of Neural Machine Translation dramatically changing the business of translation companies.
5) Description of the company’s direction to end human translation by 2018 and utilize machine translation for all projects starting from 2019.
According to some Internet news article, translation is an industry likely to disappear in the future. We will truly disappear if we continue translating in a conventional way. We cannot just stand and watch this happen. Just then, usage of Neural Machine Translation was permitted for commercial use for private translation companies. At this time, we decided to start a service utilizing the Neural Machine Translation. We have come up with a Hybrid Translation, which is a new service combining Neural Machine Translation, a cloud translation system and a post editor....